Thursday, December 5, 2013

Blog of the Week: The Mamade Diaries


This week's blog of the week is The MaMade Diaries!

Meet Michelle:
The MaMade Diaries

I am Michelle, a 28 year old single mom to an amazing little 2 year old boy named Eli. 

I like to say that being a mom has always been “my calling”. I have always, and I mean ALWAYS wanted to become a mom. When I first found out that I was pregnant, it was definitely not the “right timing”, and though life has been anything but easy since that day, I wouldn’t change a second. My life changed forever the day I found out I was pregnant, and changed even more the hot day in September 2011 when Eli decided to finally make his grand entrance into the world.

That first moment when I finally got to hold him, and see his gorgeous little face, was the happiest moment of my life to date. Every single day he makes me smile and amazes me with how smart he is. Sure, he makes me want to rip my hair out from time to time, but that is a part of motherhood! Being his mom is my greatest achievement, and no matter how hard things are, as long as I have him I’ll always have my happiness.

I’ve always been a crafty person. I enjoy creating things for myself or for others, and have tried many different crafts in my lifetime. I’ve always gotten comments from friends and family, even strangers, that I should sell whatever craft I was working on at the time. I use to laugh and say “maybe some day.”

I taught myself to crochet in October 2012 and instantly picked up the tricky craft. Everyone who saw whatever crochet project I was working on, again began telling me that I should sell what I was making. Being a single stay at home mom, needing the income because I was having such a hard time finding a job, I finally decided to listen to what everyone said. 

I came up with MaMade Creations and opened my Etsy store on January 1, 2013. It has been far more successful than I ever would have imagined. Every single order that I get I feel blessed, and just incredibly happy that someone that I have never met, has seen something I’ve made, and decided that they have to have it. There are so many talented people out there, yet someone has purchased what I’ve made, it’s just surreal.

I plan to add in a lot of different types of crafts as time goes on and I have more time to work on them or come up with new items. I enjoy doing so many different things that I couldn’t just limit my store to one “type” of craft!

In August 2013 I decided to start blogging to write about everyday life as a mommy, as well as all of my crafting “adventures.” I thought it would be fun to share our lives, as well as our crafts with everyone. Since Eli is getting older I’ve started doing crafts with him, and he gets so excited when it’s craft time and loves everything that we make. That is how The MaMade Diaries was started.

I have no idea where exactly life is going to lead us. Where exactly we are going to be a month from now, let alone 5 years from now. Things may be rough, and stressful along the way, but as long as I have Eli to keep me smiling, keep amazing me every day, and my ability to create, I know that we’ll be okay.

Thanks Michelle!  Be sure to check out her blog The MaMade Diaries this week and say hi!



Connect with us!
BloglovinTwitterEmailRSSPinterestFacebook

2 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful when you know that you are meant to be or do something. I think you were definitely meant to be a Mom and Eli is the luckiest baby ever to have you! I can't wait to see where your adventures in crafting and life take you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tiffany :) <3 You are the sweetest!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!