Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Five: Five Travel Tips

Welcome to the Friday Five!  

It's Danielle Kempe taking over the blog today. I'm your MA state rep and a blogger at Getting Fit in MA.

My five tips today all have to do with travel. Summer may be over but we all know that fall is a great time to travel, especially throughout the Northeast!

1)    Don’t pay for guide books – borrow them from the library before you leave.
I just returned from a trip to Brussels, Belgium, and Paris, France. I got great walking tour guides (with maps) for both cities from the library. I also checked out a great beach read of a mystery novel set in Nice, France.

2)    Check Yelp before you go – to get recommendations on tourist attractions & dinning
Bonus: If you’re a part of Yelp’s Elite program, you can attend Elite events in any city. Check the Yelp Elite calendar of the cities you’re visiting & RSVP if there’s an event you’d like to join. I’m a Boston Yelp Elite but I attended a wicked fun Elite event in Dallas, TX when I visited this year.

3)    Don’t over-schedule yourself
It’s OK if you’d like to just sit and read a book on your vacation. You don’t need to be sight-seeing 24/7! This is your time to relax too!

4)    Bring a power strip
If you’re traveling overseas, don’t forget the power adaptors too. (Note: Ask the front desk about it first though if traveling overseas. I found out the hard way that power adaptors and power strips may overload a circuit though when I blew a fuse at a hotel when I plugged the power strip into the adaptor. Oops!) The power adaptor is great for US trips though, since you’re less likely to leave a charger behind if everything is plugged into the power strip.

5)    Check local blogs before you travel to see if they have suggestions.
Locals know their cities best after all! If you’re traveling to Boston, I recommend the Boston on Budget blog. (I read it regularly too since I’m a local to MA.)

I hope you all have a lot of fun on your trips this season!
Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!