Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Blog of the Week: There's A Cook In My Kitchen

This week's blog of the week is There's A Cook in My Kitchen, written by Stacey!  Stacey is a true jack of all trades and blogs all about cooking and food!  Meet Stacey:

Tell us a little about you:
My name is Stacey Isaacs. I have had many careers. I’ve been a chef, a lawyer, and a writer/editor. And more recently, I received a Masters Degree in Oriental Medicine and a License in Acupuncture, so my latest passion is healing through acupuncture and Chinese herbs. Some people find this diversity interesting. Others just think I have the attention-span of a gnat.

I’ve found my passion and that is: Wellness. I love to cook delicious, chef-quality food that’s good for you and easy to prepare. I combine my passion for cooking with my knowledge for whole-body-wellness by using foods, exercise, meditation, qi gong, herbs and acupuncture to heal the body, mind and spirit. I’m happy to share anything I know and all that I am still learning with anyone who is interested.
Food is fun. Cooking has always de-stressed me. During my lawyer days, I would go into the kitchen in the middle of the night while I was practicing a summation and I would just cook. (I couldn’t eat because the nausea during a trial was ever-present.) After practicing law for about 15 years, I went to cooking school. This is where I learned that food is fun. It’s not rocket-science. Unlike my career in criminal law, no one’s life is on the line with food. I laugh at my mistakes and I relish in the happiness the good dishes give my friends and family.
Now, I take the great tasting foods I’ve learned to make, add in some healing herbs, create good energy, and it’s a great experience for mind and body. It’s fun. It tastes good. It’s satisfying. It’s healing.



What is your blog about?

I strongly believe you are what you eat and that most physical and emotional issues can be cured with the correct nutritional input. I look at the nutritional value of food through the eyes of both Eastern and Western medical schools of though. I provide recipes that are simple, healthy and delicious. 

Where do you live and what do you love about it?
I live on Long Island and in Manhattan. I love hiking on Long Island and I love that my dogs can run around. I also love the tranquility of my backyard. But, I'm a city girl at heart. I love the hustle and bustle of the city. I love all of the great healthy restaurants!
  
What is your favorite spot to visit in the Northeast?
I'm a New York City fan.    

What do you love most about blogging?
I love cooking. It's my de-stresser. And, to have a reason to do it on a daily basis that actually allows me to help people is a dream come true. 

What is your favorite form of social media?
I am not too good with social media (I guess I'm a bit of a dinosaur -- I'm a lot older than most bloggers). I'm learning it slowly out of necessity. I do like Facebook because I can keep up with all of my favorite food bloggers there.    

Thanks for sharing Stacey!  Be sure to visit her blog this week and follow her on social media!  Check out some of Stacey's posts below:
Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!