Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Blog of the Week: Life in Order

Welcome to our blog of the week!  This week's blog of the week is Life in Order, written by Ashley!  Ashley lives in upstate New York and blogs about organizing and home decor.  Meet Ashley in our interview!


Tell us a little about you:
Originally from Rochester, NY, I moved out to the eastern part of the state in 2013 after graduating from Penn State. I work at a small advertising agency in Troy, that specializes in healthcare marketing and I live with my boyfriend who works as a mechanical engineer. We met at Penn State and moved to Saratoga together. I love exploring Saratoga Springs and the Adirondack region, decorating my suburban apartment and--of course--organizing.

What is your blog about?

My blog is mostly about organizing, with a little bit of home decor and cooking thrown in. I started Life in Order as a source of inspiration for younger generations to get organized to start living more productive and complete lives. I'm a true believer that being organized and tidy can change your life and help focus your energy on the important things in life like starting a career, enjoying the current season, and enjoying time with friends and family. Many young people think they should wait until they have a house, a spouse or children to start getting organized and being tidy. I want to encourage a twenty-somethings to stop waiting until they're settled to get their life in order.

Where do you live and what do you love about it?

I live in a suburb of Saratoga Springs, NY. The thing I love most about it is the history. The track brings in thousands of visitors each year and I'm so blessed to live in a vacation destination that has so much small town charm. Also, it's only a few minutes to the Adirondacks where I love spending time kayaking (in my brand new kayak), hiking and enjoying the outdoors!

What is your favorite spot to visit in the Northeast?

My absolute favorite is day/weekend trips up to the Adirondack Mountains to Kayak on Great Sacandaga Lake or Lake George. But since I moved out to Saratoga Springs, I also love going back home to visit my family in Rochester and spend time with my nieces and nephews.

What do you love most about blogging?

I feel best when people leave me comments telling me I've been helpful, and I see people my age pinning my posts to Pinterest. It's really the ultimate to know that what I'm doing is having an impact. I also love experimenting and trying new things with social media, photography and content promotion. It's a constant learning experience and I feel like I'm growing as a blogger and writer everyday.

What is your favorite form of social media?

Definitely Instagram! I have had a lot of success sharing snippets of my daily life on Instagram and I people respond well to strong visuals. I also love seeing the beautiful things people in the organizing and interior design world come up with. It's so inspiring!

Thanks Ashley!  Be sure to head over to her blog this week ,leave some comments and follow her on social media!  Check out a few of her favorite posts:


Do you want to be featured as one of our blogs of the week?  Let us know!




Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!