Thursday, June 18, 2015

Summer Cocktail - Mojito Slush

Even though the official start of summer isn't until another couple of days, it has been hot enough here to bring out the iced cocktails. I've always loved a good mojito so when I came across this recipe I knew I had to try it out. It was such a hit! I think it's the perfect summer cocktail.


Mojito Slush
Original recipe by Jessie Damuck via Martha Stewart Living

Makes 8 cups

In a blender, combine 1/2 cup each sugar and water. Blend until sugar dissolves, 1 minute. Fill with 10 cups crushed ice. Add 1/3 cup lemon juice (from about 3 lemons) and 1/3 cup lime juice (from about 5 limes), 1 cup white rum and 1 cup fresh mint leaves. 
Blend until smooth.

The only little change that I make is I use a white organic raw sugar. Obviously it's not anything "healthier" but I just prefer it to regular granulated sugar. Hey it's a cocktail after all!

The fresh mint smells amazing and gives this cocktail a gorgeous green color. It's just the right combination of sweet with a touch of sour from the lemon and lime juice. So good!

Do you have a favorite summer cocktail recipe?


Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!