Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Blog of the Week: Sweet and Savoring

 
Welcome to another Blog of the Week!  This week's featured blog is Sweet and Savoring.  Meet the author, Christy: 

 

I started blogging at Sweet and Savoring thanks to the co-inspiration of my husband, Andy. We live in New York’s Hudson Valley region and are both addicted to cameras.

So what might you find on my blog? I cover topics mostly contained within the following areas: life in the Hudson Valley, delicious meals I’ve eaten, my travels, struggling with depression and anxiety, loving the environment, and practicing gratitude.
 
I love :
  • Comments and feedback (thank you!)
  • Good spelling and correct grammar. So, you know, if you happen to see any mistakes (cringe-worthy or otherwise) anywhere on this blog, please please please, let me know.
  • Eating vegetarian (no red meat since I was 13, and I have since given up all meat, including seafood) & local (when affordable!). Then taking pictures of said food :)
  • Waterfalls, windy hiking trails, old hotels, rusty railroad bridges, apple orchards, tiny riverside beaches, abandoned factories, and other such treasures to be found in the hills and valleys up and down the Hudson River.
  • Alternatives to plastic- and sustainability as a general life practice. Long train journeys. Melted Brie cheese.  Genres of music that are blends, i.e. “electro swing” and “gypsy folktronica”. Standing up for what I believe in (you know, the usuals like love and equality and other hippy dippy notions). Fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, olive oil and sea salt. Courtesy. Snarkiness. Little Britain. Making lists of things I like….
Thanks for letting us take a peek into your blog Christy!  Be sure to check her blog out this week and say hi!

Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I like hippy dippy notions with a bit of snarkiness!! Congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!