Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Blog of the Week: Money Smart Guides

This week's blog of the week is Money Smart Guides, written by Jon.  Jon is a PA blogger who enjoys mountain biking and running and blogs all about money and getting yourself out of debt!  Meet Jon:

Tell us a little about you:
I'm a full-time blogger from PA. my hobbies include, mountain biking, running, lifting weights, watching movies, sleeping and reading. I started blogging in 2010 for fun and it slowed turned into a career. Here is a quick list to get to know me:

I got myself into and out of over $10,000 worth of credit card debt.
I bought a house at the exact wrong time to buy and lost a ton doing so.
I spent close to $30 modifying a sports car when I was younger.
I worked in the financial services industry for close to 10 years.
I learned money habits (the good ones) from the 1%.
I have a net worth over $500K.
I plan to retire by 50.


What is your blog about?
Money Smart Guides is a personal finance blog whose goal is to help readers pay off their debt and start investing for their future. While I do talk all things personal finance, the majority of the content is centered around paying off debt and investing.

Where do you live and what do you love about it?
I live 20 minutes outside of Philly. I love the area because we have everything around us and when we want to head into the city, it's a quick train ride to downtown.

What is your favorite spot to visit in the Northeast?
For a while I would say Philly. But last year my wife and I went to the Finger Lakes for our 1 yr anniversary and I fell in love with the area.

What do you love most about blogging?
Getting to talk about finance all of the time. I went to school for finance and I worked in the financial services industry for close to 10 years. It's something I love doing and it never feels like work.

What is your favorite form of social media?
I would have to say Twitter just because it is so easy to not only talk to and connect with others, but its a great way to see what everyone else is talking about as well.

I am all about helping and supporting others, so if anyone ever needs something shared, just ask!

Thanks for sharing Jon!  Be sure to head over to his blog this week and follow him on social media, too!  Check out a few of his favorite posts below:
 Do you want to be featured as one of our blogs of the week?  Let us know!


Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!