Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Blog of the Week: Sunshine & Rain

 This week's blog of the week is Krys who write over at Sunshine & Rain!  Meet Krys!

Hi you all, I'm Krystal Lynn, but everyone calls me Krys! I blog over at a little place called Sunshine&Rain. I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania with my amazing Fiance, Mr. B, & our three fur-children, Odin, Kora, & Apollo. I'm a crocheter, writer, photographer, fur-mommy, fiancee, 'housewife, daughter, & an abuse survivor. If I had to choose one word to truly describe what I am, I would have to say, thriving. I would also have to follow it with a quote by Maya Angelou.

"Love is that condition in the human spirit so profound that it allows me to survive, and better than that, to thrive with passion, compassion, and style." - Maya Angelou

My blog is quite a random little blog. I write about life, love, crochet, fur-children, frustrations, PCOS & other health 'issues'. I also like to toss in a few reviews & giveaways when the opportunity knocks. Some of my writing gets a bit personal, as I speak about my struggles with PCOS, dealing with my past, & the fears of wanting to start a family in the future. I write what I think, & though I try my best to not offend, I also refuse to censor myself. So many blogs touch base on the good & the positive times in life... which is great. However, my blog is about the good & the bad. It is about the ups & the downs. It's a place for me to let go of the things I am holding onto. A place to reach out to others that might just be going through something similar. Sunshine & Rain is my outlet to let my inner self blossom & shine through the darkness of my past. With that being said, I like to think my blog has a good balance of serious & silly moments. 

When I am away from my blog, I like to spend time in my little urban garden. In the summers I grow tomatoes, peppers & zucchini in my backyard. There is nothing better than a homegrown tomato! Like for-reals! Also, a fresh zucchini thrown onto the grill with a little olive oil has to be my favorite thing to eat in the summer. I also like to crochet, though I am quite a slow crocheter. I take my time when creating a project, unless I have to have it done by a certain time. (ie. Christmas presents.) I love spending time with Mr. B, be it fishing, camping, or just going out for a drive. He's my world & I can't wait to say 'I do' next fall.

My days are mostly spent doing the typical housewife thing. There is always something to do, dishes to clean, & laundry to fold. But my fur-babies sure do help break up the day. I spend a lot of time with Odin. Odin is our Saint Bernard Border Collie mix & he pretty much owns my heart. He is a huge Momma's boy & hates when I leave him alone. He follows me from room to room & never leaves my side. Odin may be his given name, but he has managed to have a few nicknames tagged on him as well. I call him my 'Monster' & Mr. B refers to him as 'Nose'. He is an amazing dog, though his nose does get him into trouble from time to time. That & the fact he is as tall as our kitchen table. lol. 

Now that I have written a mini novel, lol, I would like to thank the North East Bloggers Network for allowing me this chance to say hello! Please feel free to come on over to my blog & say hello back! I've got a giveaway going live on Friday to celebrate my very FIRST Blogiversary, I really hope to see you there! :)
Thanks Krys!  Make sure you go check out her blog, Sunshine & Rain, this week and say hi!


Connect with us!
BloglovinTwitterEmailRSSPinterestFacebook

Do you want to be featured as our Blog of the Week? Email us and let us know!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!