Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Five: 5 Road Trip Essentials



Hey y'all, I'm Dara and I blog over at The Southern Thing.  I am originally from Louisiana, hence the whole southern thing, but relocated to New England about a year ago!  My move required a 24 hour, 1,400 mile drive across the country to my new home, so I thought I would share with you some road trip essentials!  
If you would like to hear more about my road trip across the country, you can read about it here. With it being summer, many of you will be going on vacations, so don't forget to pack these must haves!  
One.  Sunnies.  A definite must for any daytime drive!
Two.  Starbucks.  Perfect for keeping you awake and focused.  And it just tastes down right amazing!
Three.  Phone car charger.  Because nobody wants a dead iPhone!
Four.  GPS.  To get you where you need to go.  You don't want to go the wrong direction!
Five.  iTunes and a fun playlist.  This was a life saver for my drive.  Add as many songs as you can! 

If you would like to keep up with my new journey in New England, you can follow me here:
bloglovin'  //  facebook  //  instagram  //  twitter  //  pinterest 
Have a great weekend everyone!

Connect with us!
BloglovinTwitterEmailRSSPinterestFacebook

Today's Friday Five post is written by Dara who blogs over at The Southern Thing. Dara is a Northeast blogger from Connecticut who loves shopping, fashion and her little poodle, Haily!

7 comments:

  1. We would totally get along on a road trip! I sometimes switch the voice on my GPS for fun. It totally backfired on me last time...The guy didn't warn me before a turn was coming up...he just waited till I was there and basically said "TURN NOW!" ugh! I am hosting a bloghop today and would love if you would swing by and link up! http://ffflinkypals.blogspot.com/2013/06/its-friday-follow-along-linkup.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! My husband and I are taking a road trip from NJ to NC in September. I like to grab my pillow and a magazine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect essentials, especially the GPS! I wonder how we ever managed to get anywhere before them...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more, STARBUCKS IS A MUST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definite essentials! I need gum and water too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!