Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Blog of the Week: Glossy Blonde


This week our blog of the week is Glossy Blonde, written by Niki!  

Meet Niki:
 
 
First, let me just say that Glossy Blonde refers to my deep love of lip gloss… and more obvious, the fact that I’m blonde.  I am not a conceited little b* and I do not have glossy, flowing locks – on the contrary, more often than not it’s more like a tousled mess…  I’m just your average fashion and beauty addict who loves to bake (and eat).  I deliver my honest thoughts, finds, recipes and reviews to you on this here blog, oftentimes with a side of sass.

I am married to my best friend in the whole entire world; and we live with our 3 “kids” - a pit bull, a shepherd mix, and a very large kitty, all rescues!  If you follow me on any form of social media, you’ll see them often.

My hubby takes all of my outfit photos, although sometimes he becomes a little diva and I imagine him in a beret ordering people around  (other than that all photos are taken by me unless otherwise indicated).  He is also wicked metro and loves GQ.  We joke that he should start his own fashion blog… but I never want to see him in “meggings.”  Just… no.

I’ve loved fashion and style as long as I can remember, and I’ve never been one to care to blend in.  Some of my first memories involve being forced into outfits I hated, which evolve in my teenage years into not being let out of the house half the time (not because my outfits were slutty, because I looked “ridiculous” according to my ultra-conservative, prepster mother).  Granted, I’ve made some questionable outfit decisions and I love to ride the line of what is “acceptable”… with style and with life in general.  But I stand by my decisions (most of them).

I am also incredibly obsessed with beauty products and I love all things pretty.  I have a bathroom full of goodies and I’ve even gotten the hubby to spark an interest in man products.

And I’ve inherited a lot from my Dad (you can read more about his – and my – shopping addiction here), one of those traits being my proclivities for sweets.  And my vocabulary (my Dad loves the word “proclivities”).  I love to bake in my spare time and come up with new, fun, delicious recipes!

Finally, I am a little worker bee.  I work full time, I’m working on my MBA at night, and I’m also working on opening a clothing/accessories boutique.  The online portion will hopefully be up and running soon, with a brick and mortar storefront to follow in the future!  Work, work, work.  But I love this stuff!
http://www.glossyblonde.com/

Thanks Niki!  Be sure to check out her blog, Glossy Blonde, this week and give her a follow or two!
 
Connect with us!
Bloglovin //Twitter //Pinterest //Facebook

1 comment:

  1. That's me!!! Thank you so, so much for featuring me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!