Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blog of the Week: Juggling Act Mama

This week our Blog of the week is Juggling Act Mama written by Ang!

Meet Ang:

Hi, I'm Ang!  I’m a mother, wife, daughter, sister, auntie, and friend, attempting to do it all – because, well, I want to. People have joked that I’m not happy unless I’ve got a hundred things up in the air, all at once, and I suppose I can’t deny it! ( Hence, the name of my blog, Juggling Acts!) I’m also a writer, crafter, scrapbooker, amateur photographer and Pinterest addict. Long before Pinterest, I developed an addictions to books, snapping memories of my kids, and chocolate desserts... or chocolate anything...or...ok, just sweets in general - don't judge me! I love being creative. I do not need to be perfect, and I try not to take myself too seriously. Seriously.

I’m married to my best friend and high school love (we've been together for more than half my life now, and married for 8 years). He's a very supportive albeit, handsome dorky guy - I have live-in tech support! He can also make me crazy, and I'm not talking about the good crazy: I'm a multi-tasker that swears by lists; he's a realist that detests them. We have two beautiful children – ok, I’m biased, but who isn’t when it comes to their kids, right? Our sweet, silly, smart son, Ethan, is four, and our darling, dimpled, diva daughter Olivia (Livi) is one. Oh, and we have a cat named Pumpkin that wants nothing to do with our children, or anyone elses, and loves to drink out of my water glass in the middle of the night. I am the proud owner of an Etsy shop called AngelFlowers, where I sell some of my handmade hair accessories. Oh, and I also work full time at an awesome start-up, as an office manager, (this company has the potential to rock peoples worlds, in ways no one has imagined before). More about my amazing job later! So maybe I have my hands a little full... but don't we all? 
Despite my family living all over the country, my parents and sisters – especially my Mum – are huge influencers in my life. My Mum is my best girlfriend, and I hope you’ll enjoy some of the things we craft, create, deliberate, or experience together as much as I do!

I don’t have a special space for crafting, and I don’t have a huge kitchen for cooking. I’m just a regular mom with cheerios on the floor, trucks on the sideboard, and always a load of laundry that needs to be washed, dried, or folded. Or all three.

I love making delicious and easy recipes for my family – and am always trying to sneak fruits and veggies into my baked goods! Livi is a fantastic eater (so far, knock on wood!), she tries everything. Ethan has a list of approved food items, and although it is growing, slowly, it's still a short list. Mealtime is a constant battle of trying to get Ethan to eat what we're having, and making sure Livi hasn’t run out of food. They are the most amazing (and messiest) things we've ever created!

It's so fun to come up with simple and fun projects for the kids, even when Livi's involvement is limited to her eating whatever materials we're working with... I think it's important to have one-on-one time with them on things that really suit their interests, so sometimes Ethan and I do a craft together, while Livi naps. And later, we do more age-appropriate things with Liv. And whenever I need some Mumma-time, I do my own creative thing after they are safely tucked in at night ! 

 
Thanks Ang!  Be sure to check out her blog, Juggling Act Mama this week and say hi!
 
Connect with us!
BloglovinTwitterEmailRSSPinterestFacebook

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ang! I always admire people who can juggle a lot of things at once- especially with two kids! Oh, and I love your kids' names :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!