Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Blog of the Week: Making Our Life Matter

Welcome!  Each week we choose one of our members to highlight as our blog of the week.  This week our blog of the week is Jennifer's blog, Making Our Life Matter!  Meet Jennifer:

Hi everyone!  I am Jennifer, and I am excited to invite you to visit my blog, Making Our Life Matter.  Take a few minutes and grab your favorite drink while I tell you about myself, my family, and my blog.
 
My family and I live in Eastern Pennsylvania, where my husband and I were both born and lived our entire lives. It is definitely home to us, as we are huge Philadelphia sports fans. As you can see, my oldest son and my husband are sporting their Philadelphia gear on a recent trip to Wisconsin.  Even when we are a long way from home, our heart is here in Pennsylvania.
 
But, before our family photo came about, let me share a little more about my husband and I.  We met in 1993 while we were in college.  For me, it was love at first sight or something really close to that.  We dated for a few years, and were married in May of 1997, a year after we graduated from college. My husband is an engineering technician, and I graduated with a nursing degree.  I put my degree on the shelf not too long after both my kids started school so that I could put them and their schedule first.  Good thing I did, because they are pretty busy. It has worked out really well, as my schedule is much more flexible now that I work PT in a local bookstore.
 
My husband is more than just my husband, he is my best friend too.  We have been through the ups-and-downs, ins-and-outs, and everything in between.  I love him more now than the day we were married.  He is the one that got me truly addicted to my favorite sport: hockey. In fact, that is where he took me on our first date.  We have been together ever since. And there is no one I’d rather spend my time with than him, with the exception of our two very busy boys.

Oldest made his appearance in 1998, just one week before Christmas.  After that, my youngest blessed us with his appearance in 2001.  I can’t imagine what my life would be like without my boys.

As you can see, my family is a very important part of my life, and a very big part of my blogging inspiration. Spending our time together as a family is very important to us, and it is a cornerstone of Making Our Life Matter.

I started blogging back in 2007, just because everyone else was doing it, and it seemed like a lot of fun.  I started out on Xanga, drifted to Blogger, dabbled at free WordPress, and then in 2011, migrated to self-hosted WordPress.  Talk about a life learning experience.  Looking back, I would have hired someone to do the migration and design, but at the same time, I am extremely proud that what you see here is all my own work. Making Our Life Matter has evolved into a lifestyle blog that includes travel, sports, books reviews, and more.

 I hope you enjoyed this brief glimpse into all that Making Our Life Matter has to offer.  I look forward to hearing from you by contact form, Email, or leaving a comment.  You can also find me at my Facebook page, on Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+. I definitely want to connect with you there as well.
 
http://makingourlifematter.com/
 
 
Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your life and blog, Jennifer!  Jennifer just got an awesome new design on her blog as well!  Be sure to stop by her blog, Making Our Life Matter, this week and say hi! 


Connect with us!
Bloglovin //Twitter //Pinterest //Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!