Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Blog of the Week: My Left Breast


Welcome to blog of the week!  This week our featured blog is My Left Breast, written by Claudia!

Meet Claudia:

My name is Claudia. I'm a mom with a 16 year old son and 18 year old daughter who are alternately on any given day the best and the most annoying things in my life. Mostly the best, but if you have your own teens, you'll know what I mean. Very few pictures of the teens will be shared, because they're too old for that and it would just be "awkward" (their favorite word). 

I'm also a self-employed marketing consultant who has successfully managed to do what I love for 7+ years now, working from home. Oh yeah, how lucky am I? I sit in my home office in front of my computer all day, looking out the window at scenic Hunterdon County, wearing no makeup, no heels, in jeans and a T shirt. Doesn't get much better. 

I have a dog (Tucker) and a cat (Maverick). Maverick lives under beds and in the guest bedroom and only shows up at night when my husband comes home from work because she IS IN LOVE WITH HIM. The minute he gets in bed each night, she appears out of nowhere and jumps on the bed, creeps up to him and LICKS HIS FACE (no, I am not making this up). He looks at me, like "Hahaha, she loves me, not you, even though you clean her litter box, buy her food, feed her, put out fresh water in strategic spots all over the house." It's just the way it is, she's a man's cat. Go figure. 

Tucker on the other hand loves me best. But of course, we're together all day long and of course, since I talk to myself a lot, I spend lots of time having conversations with him so he probably thinks we're best friends. Maybe we are. 

Oh yeah, and then there was that whole breast cancer thing a few years ago, which was what started me blogging. If you're interested in the specifics, you can read about it here and under the tab that says Breast Cancer where I've included all of my posts that are related to my breast cancer experiences. 

Having breast cancer changed my life in many ways, most importantly making me exceedingly grateful for my husband, kids, friends, pets and life in general. I really do see life through a new lens now. Hope you'll have fun joining me over here on My Left Breast to see where the road leads me. 

Thanks Claudia!  Please be sure to check out her blog this week and say hi!

Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Northeast Blogger,
    WOW, what an honor! I didn't even realize that I had been featured here -- thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!
    All my best,
    Claudia from My Left Breast

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!