Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blog of the Week: Fashionably Light


Welcome!  This week our blog of the week is Fashionably Light, written by blogger Xandra!

Meet Xandra:


Hello there! I’m Xandra.

I live a fabulously simple life with less stuff and more sparkle. I like Pac Man and Harry Potter [Go Gryffindor], and my role model is Kiki, teen witch from Kiki’s Delivery Service. I climb mountains, get really excited about theatre, take tea with cuddly toys, and generally try to be more awesome.
 
Moving across the ocean urged me to own less stuff, and this step towards minimalism was life-changing. I used to think of minimalism as a fashion sacrifice, but I’ve found it to be the opposite. Minimalism has no requirements. It’s about paring down possessions and commitments until you’re left with only what you adore. Minimalism applies to all fashions of my life – not just what I wear, but how I live. I am on a constant quest to find new favourites from fashion designers to cupcakeries, from songs to cities. To meet new people who share this quest. To make my life sparkle.

I started Fashionably Light in August 2012 to document my ongoing quest for fabulous simplicity. When I was just starting out on my minimalist journey, I searched for examples, particularly from minimalist ladies who also love colour and sparkles. This is my example, my contribution to the center of the venn diagram of minimalism and fashion.

Thanks Xandra!  For more and to read her "official bio", be sure to check out her blog this week!

Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Xandra! Congrats on your feature. I will sub for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!