Thursday, April 17, 2014

Recipe: How to Make an Easter Egg Cake!

With Easter this weekend, today's guest post had to be Easter themed!  Today Reesa from the blog Momma Lew shows how to make your own Easter Egg shaped cake!  It's an easy DIY and her directions are really helpful!


Easter Egg Cake


This past week I noticed my local grocery store had Easter Egg shaped cakes "on sale" for $19.99.  I am going to show you how to make an easy & beautiful cake for less than $3.00.


 You will need 1 box of cake mix & 1 can of frosting.  Of course you can make your own of both the cake & frosting, I just did not have the ingredients on hand to make my own frosting.  And when you are in a crowded, hectic grocery store on a holiday weekend with two children, it is impossible to remember what you need to make "homemade" frosting. 


 I used my Pampered Chef Classic Batter Bowl as my mold.  Mix your cake mix & it's ingredients -- I like to substitute water with milk -- in a separate bowl.  Then transfer to your greased Batter Bowl.  Cook in a 350 degree oven for about an hour, or until a cake tester comes out clean through the entire center.  Invert on your Cooling Rack and let your cake cool.

Using a Serrated or Bread Knife, trim off the top to make it flat & then slice down the middle.  Slice & trim so your cake it is flat & "egg shaped".


 Using your Spreader, spread frosting in between the cake halves to act as glue.  Frosting your cake with your Spreader.  Add some food coloring of your choice & then decorate with your Easy Accent Decorator.

Decorate to your liking!  I used pastel sprinkles, jelly beans & chocolate bunnies as per my kid's requests.  Now you have a great Easter dessert and table centerpiece!

Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the great recipe Reesa!  Check out her original post here on her blog!

Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a fun idea!!! I love the idea of cooking in the big bowl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!