Thursday, May 1, 2014

Breakfast Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies

Who could resist having cookies for breakfast and that's just what you'll get with today's guest post!  This post comes to use from Angela of LeMoine Family Kitchen and it looks delicious!


Coconut Oil seems to be all the rage these days and up until now I had not yet given it a try. From cooking, baking, moisturizing to hair conditioning this stuff is pretty incredible! You can’t imagine how excited I was when I was asked if I’d like to try out a southern favorite, LouAna‘s 100% Coconut Oil! Coconut oil is one of those good for you fats and is a great healthy alternative to butter, shortening and other oils in cooking and baking. The neutral flavor makes it super versatile! No surprise the first thing I wanted to do with LouAna’s Coconut Oil is bake some cookies! These Breakfast Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies are healthy and delicious!

Heres what I’m excited about, LouAna Pure Coconut Oil is vegan, non-GMO and contains zero trans fat. LouAna Foods was started over 100 years ago, in 1894, in Opelousas Louisiana by Cajun settlers. Today, LouAna is the nations largest cooking oil refinery, refining a wide range of oils including peanut, canola, cottonseed, soybean, sunflower and of course the coconut oil I used in this recipe. You can find this coconut oil at your local Walmart.

Now these cookies!!! No guilt Breakfast Blueberry & Oatmeal Cookies. Sweetened with natural maple syrup, coconut oil in place of butter, packed with oatmeal and fresh blueberries! The cookies stay nice and tall as they bake, tender on the inside and a little crispness on the outside. The “pop” of the blueberries when you take a bite, just wow! The kiddos approved big time too! I will most definitely be baking more often with LouAna‘s Coconut Oil and I can’t wait to try the many other uses! 
 
Thanks Angela, I'm sure everyone can't wait to make these cookies!

Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This looks so amazing. I love baking with fresh berries. It is a nice change from the chocolate chip rut I am usually in during the cold months. I'd love it if you would link this up with our Recipe Writers: Fresh Flavors link up!

    http://www.sewmuch2say.com/2014/04/recipe-writers-mays-fresh-flavors.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!