Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Blog of the Week: Translucent Brown

This week we interview Kaitlyn who writes the blog Translucent Brown for our blog of the week!  Kaitlyn lives in Connecticut and blogs her life, style and travels!  Meet Kaitlyn:

Tell us a little about you:
My name is Kaitlyn! I'm 25 years old and living in Connecticut. I'm a SCSU graduate with my B.S in Advertising and Promotional Communication. A dancer since the ripe ol age of 3. A lover of pickle-backs. And a founding company member and Vice president of a non-profit organization, Projects for Hope!

What is your blog about?
My blog is about a lot of things. Whatever really comes to my mind at any given day. I like to write about what interests me, whether that be fashion, beauty, a recipe or a song that I just fell in love with on the drive home. I just write about anything I feel like expressing. 

Where do you live and what do you love about it?
I live in Connecticut. For the longest time I always hated being here. I moved away, all the way to Miami and while I was there, I was shocked by how much I missed being in New England. I missed the foliage and I was upset that I would miss the snow. I love fall here. Seeing all of the leaves changing. Driving on Route 69 to new haven, and seeing all the trees change and the mountains. Taking hikes with my best friends. Its comfort for me. Miami was always so busy and go, go, go, I felt like Connecticut was just calm. I love it because its just home.  

What is your favorite spot to visit in the Northeast?
I would have to say, of course New York City. I've also been to Burlington, Vermont and had a blast. Would love to go back. 

What do you love most about blogging?
I love the freedom of being able to write whatever is on my mind. Sometimes you feel like you can't talk to your parents or your friends about certain things because they won't understand. Having this blog lets me do that, and it's introducing me to people who feel the same. 

What is your favorite form of social media?
My favorite form of social media would have to be either Facebook or instagram. I can't choose. Facebook because you can talk and interact with people and instagram because I have a love for taking photos and seeing other peoples lives through photos as well.         

Thanks Kaitlyn!  Be sure to visit her blog this week and follow her on social media!  While you're at it, check out a few of her favorite posts here:
Do you want to be featured as one of our blogs of the week?  Let us know here! 

Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!