Monday, January 26, 2015

Superbowl Pizza Dip Recipe


Hi again! It's Megan from Soup of the Day blog! I'm popping in from Baltimore, Maryland and am here to share a DELICIOUS recipe that is sure to make you the most popular person at the Superbowl Party this year!

I'm not a huge sports fan but I always look forward to Superbowl each year for one reason....THE FOOD. Whether I host the party or head over to a friends house I always spend an hour or two browsing recipes for the perfect contribution. This year it's Pizza Dip.

 photo 75451168-834E-4BB8-999D-EFE362F9E133_zpsbti1xy3f.jpg

There is nothing tastier than a dip that tastes like pizza! Am I right?

I used pepperoni as my meat but you can replace it with sausage if you'd like. Just note that I wasn't cooking anything in my slow cooker- just warming it up. Your cook time will change if you use a different meat.

 photo 5662E66A-2DB3-4C4D-8891-9C082CE9B574_zpswssegymr.jpg

Ingredients-

Pizza Dip:

  • 1 cup of diced green pepper
  • 1 cup of chopped onion
  • 3 cloves of minced garlic
  • 28 ounces of pizza sauce
  • 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
  • 15 slices of pepperoni cut in half
Bread:

  • 1 french baguette
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • Italian seasoning (I just put in a dash of- cilantro, rosemary, garlic powder, thyme, basil, salt and pepper)
Steps:

  1. Add all ingredients (except mozzarella cheese) to the slow cooker and heat on low for 1-2 hours
  2. Set oven to 375 degrees
  3. Spread baguette slices out on a cookie sheet
  4. On a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Once it's melted add in garlic and seasoning and let cook for about a minutes
  5. Brush butter/seasoning mixture onto each piece of bread
  6. Place cookie sheet into the oven for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown
* I added the handful of mozzarella cheese to my bowl of pizza dip before diving in!


Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!