Thursday, December 18, 2014

20 Days of Chill Writing Challenge: The themes

It seems like only yesterday that I posted about the 20 Days of Chill Writing Challenge.

Now, we are just a few weeks away from the start of it!
20days_logo_jpg_small

As promised, here is the theme list. This will, hopefully, allow each of you to maybe get a start on things. I hope we have a bunch of people who participate.

Remember, have some fun with this. Interpret as you see fit. These posts can be fact, fiction, true or fake -- all up to you. Test your writing chops.

The themes below came from many submissions I received. I randomly drew from those and a few I submitted and here's what we have. Some of these themes are quite interesting. Others a pretty simple and forward.

Remember how this works -- the day the theme is supposed to be posted, write a blog post, make it go live on your blog and go to my blog (A 'lil HooHaa) and link up! The hope is everybody will go and visit/comment on the other blogs. Without that, a challenge isn't successful.

Without further adieu, the themes are below:
  • January 5: Spilled milk
  • January 6: Favorite winter comfort food
  • January 7: Willy Wonka's greatest candy making secret
  • January 8: Travel
  • January 9: Invisible
  • January 12: What is "chill" and how do I do it?
  • January 13: Ten hotdogs
  • January 14: Favorite article of clothing for the winter
  • January 15: Dishing the dirt
  • January 16: The morning after
  • January 19: Word for the year
  • January 20: Newbies
  • January 21: Organizing
  • January 22: Bears, beans and beer
  • January 23: Frosty
  • January 26: 10 years ago, I was probably ___________
  • January 27: The awkward dinner party
  • January 28: Imagine that...
  • January 29: Steamed
  • January 30: And then there was one
As I noted when I first started this challenge, I have participate in several writing challenges, most recently the one done by We Work For Cheese. Alas, that one ended after last year, so I opted to do this with the idea that I love a good writing challenge. I wanted to change it up a bit, though, so this is what I came up with it.

I will also be launching a t-shirt campaign on TeeSpring for this challenge. We'll need to sell 10 for it to go through, so hopefully we can get to that level. I'll start it in late December, or right around the time the challenge starts as if I did it now... it ends in three weeks, thus meaning two days after the challenge starts. I want people to have the chance to buy the shirt as we go along, so I'll start it about the time we start.

I hope to see some familiar faces, as well as some new ones, when this gets going.

Remember, this will run 20 days in January, Monday-Friday.

And always remember this -- have fun!

Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at hoohaablog [at] gmail.com. Also, please “Like” HooHaa Blog on Facebook!

Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!