Monday, December 22, 2014

Last Minute Christmas Cookies

Happy Holidays everyone! My name is Megan and I blog over at Soup of the Day. I’m also the DE/MD state rep and love popping in every month to share some tasty treats with you!

This year I’ve made a conscious effort to slow down and really enjoy the holidays. It seems I’m exhausted by December 20th each year and just want to relax and enjoy the holidays but I only have a few days left! This year I had all of my Christmas shopping done by the beginning of the month and have only SLIGHTLY exhausted myself on baking goodies for my friends and family.

My favorite cookies that I made this year were my chocolate crackle cookies. They are so easy to make and SO delicious. No more tedious icing and cookie cutter disasters (well I may have had one or two this year…) and they look beautiful as well. My favorite part is that they can be made with ingredients that most of us have handy in our homes aka the perfect last minute cookie! 

If cookies aren’t your thing you can ramp up your gifts this year by doing the following:
  • Make a hot cocoa in a jar gift
  • Use your holiday cookie cutters to shape blocks of frozen cool whip to decorate your hot cocoa
  • Make reindeer cookies from nutter butters and broken pretzel pieces
  • Skip the gingerbread houses and make ice cream cone trees


But just in case the chocolate crackle cookies are calling your name, here’s the recipe! Enjoy!
 photo BFE0EF42-D106-4966-BE7F-C33C9AD57FA0_zpsj0hbs6oe.jpg

Christmas Crackle Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup cocoa powder
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla or almond extract (both work well!)
  • 2 1/3 cup of flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • powdered sugar
Steps:
  1. Combine granulated sugar and oil in a large bowl and combine
  2. Add in cocoa powder, eggs, and extract. Mix well
  3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt
  4. Slowly add flour mixture to cocoa mixture, making sure to mix well in between each addition
  5. Cover and refrigerate dough for 3-4 hours
  6. Set oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
  7. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in your hands, roll in powdered sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet
  8. Bake for 12 minutes
  9. ENJOY! 



Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!