Tuesday, December 16, 2014

5 Quick & Easy Holiday Decorating Ideas

Hi! I’m Christina, one of your state reps for Maryland & Delaware, and you can find me at Mom’s Messy Miracles. I have two little boys, ages 1 and 3, so decorating for the holidays is a bit of a challenge for us. I love getting out my decorations, but don’t have all day to do it.





1. Use Toys



In our house with two little ones, I can’t have a bunch of breakables and beautiful displays set up around the house. I can have toys though. I like being able to put out my Christmas Mickey and Snoopy dolls. They look cute out and it’s not the end of the world when someone pulls one down and decides to play.

2. Wrap Wall Hangings



We have a couple of pictures on the wall. It’s super quick and easy to pull them down, wrap them in some fun paper and rehang them. You can do this all over the house to add some holiday magic in every room (or maybe just the rooms that people will be occupying).

3. Toss Ornaments in a Dish




Now that our tree is covered in special ornaments, we don’t put our plain ones on the tree anymore. If you have a couple vases or big bowls, toss some of your extra ornaments (or hit the dollar store) in a dish. You can put this on the table for a quick centerpiece, on the mantel, or a random shelf.

4. Pinecones


Pinecones can be found everywhere it seems right now. They seem plain, but grab a couple and put them in a basket with a piece of fabric or ribbon tied around to make a bow, you’ve got another easy decoration.

5. Ornaments from the Ceiling




Use some ribbon and tie up ornaments from the ceiling or chandelier. Really, anywhere you can attach them around the house would be a fun addition. Easy enough and will only take a couple of minutes to do a bunch.

What are some of your favorite ways to decorate the house quickly?


Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love how easy these ideas are to incorporate into my home. My kids would have fun helping with some of these, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!