Friday, August 29, 2014

The Friday Five Hop and 5 Subscription Boxes Worth Considering


Welcome to the Friday Five Hop! We invite you to link up your Friday Five post with us below! Friday Five post can be about anything- as long as it's a list of five! Today's guest Friday Five comes from Bethany who is the voice behind Twenty Something Plus. Today Bethany is sharing 5 subscription boxes she loves with us!  

5 Subscription Boxes Worth Considering


I am a huge believer in trying before buying. In my experience you don't like it in the store, you won't like it when you get it home. But how can you know this if you aren't able to try it in the store? Subscription boxes. Think magazines but samples of products you get to try and can later purchase if you like them. I have tried tons of boxes, and have found some that I think are great, and others that aren't for me, but you may love. I want to share my favorites for different types of subscription boxes.

1. Birchbox This was my first ever subscription box, and I absolutely adore it. While there are many other beauty/grooming boxes like Birchbox, the community and fun that comes with it is incomparable. I also really like that there is also a men's version of the box. I gifted it to my partner (aka "the manfriend") for his birthday last year and while it wasn't his cup of tea, he did admit that there were a few cool products that he now uses regularly and would never have hear of had it not been for Birchbox Man.

2. Julep I enjoy doing my own nails, but buying nail polish isn't very fun when you're indecisive. Julep makes it easy, you fill out a quiz and get two colors and a beauty product sent to you each month. What I like most about Julep is that you have the option to skip a month if you want.

3. Scratch This is also a nail box, but instead of nail polish, you get nail wraps. I wish I was creative or talented enough to create little master pieces of nail art when I do my own mani, but I'm not. Nail wraps are an easy way to get funky nails and every box includes a fun surprise!

4. Loot Crate The manfriend asked for this one. It's heaven in a box for geeks, and I would know. This past box was hero themed and included a few Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle goodies, which ended up in my possession. Usually there is a tee with the theme that alone makes up for the monthly cost.

5. Whimsey Box Confession: I don't currently subscribe to this subscription box. However, I love the diy projects that they share on their blog. There is also the opportunity to purchase kits for projects you like instead.

These are just some of the different boxes you can try, but they literally have them for just about anything! Boxes for your pet, for natural food lovers, for fitness buffs, you name it! I often share what I get in my subscriptions on my blog, so if you're curious to see some examples feel free to check out my blog!

Thanks Bethany!  And now it's your turn!  Do you have a Friday Five post to share?  Link up below, and then please be sure to visit others in the hop!


Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I love Birchbox! I've been seeing a lot about Stitchfix too....these subscription boxes could be addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Julep box! The colors and quality are amazing!
    E.l. f. has a subscription box that I've never tried but definitely would if I wore makeup more often..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about getting the Julep box, but it seems way too expensive. I can't afford to spend $25 each month for nail polish when I have so much already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have more than just nail polish. They have nail treatments and creams plus make-up. Some months, I get boxes that don't have nail polish in them at all, unless I add one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!