Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Five Hop and 5 TED Talks for Bloggers


Welcome to the Friday Five!  We invite you to write your own Friday Five post about anything you want and link it up with us below!  Just one stipulation: if you link up, it must be a Friday Five type of post!  Today's guest Friday Five post comes from Farin who writes over at The Newest Vazquez's.  Farin researched and listened to a bunch of TED talks and is sharing her top 5 talks that bloggers should check out!

5 Essential TED Talks for Bloggers

I love TED talks. Essentially, TED (Technology, Entertainment and Design) talks are videos that allow experts- on a variety of topics- to get their ideas to a large audience. These talks range from "the smelly mystery of the human pheromone" and "how to separate fact and fiction online" to classics such as "my journey to yo-yo mastery".

And since the TED app allows me to save these 'talks' for offline viewing during my commute, I am able to keep myself entertained by a large amount of information. And oftentimes I am watching something and I think "I know someone who could use this information". And, so I've been keeping a list to share with you.

1. Mena Trott: Meet the founder of the blog revolution



2. Matt Cutts: Try something new for 30 days



3. Jennifer Golbeck: The curly fry conundrum: Why social media “likes” say more than you might think

4. Adam Ostrow: After your final status update



5. Neil Pasricha: The 3 A's of awesome


Thanks for sharing these with us Farin!  They all seem like great "talks" to go and listen to!

And now it's your turn!  Do you have a Friday Five post to share?  Link it up below and be sure to hop around to visit and comment on a few others in the hop today!
Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed watching these videos, they were really interesting! I love TED talks, thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!