Friday, August 15, 2014

The Friday Five Hop and Jamie's 5 Favorite Book Series!


Welcome to the Friday Five Hop!  We invite you to link up your Friday Five post with us below!  Friday Five post can be about anything- as long as it's a list of five!  Today's guest Friday Five comes from Jamie who writes over at Snap Ginger. Today Jamie is sharing her top 5 favorite book series with us!

ONE

I cheated a little here, and included 3 series as number one. I just couldn't decide! They all feature main characters named Harry: Harry Potter, of J.K. Rowling infamy; Harry Hole, star of Jo Nesbo's detective series; and Harry Dresden, Chicago wizard and all-around bad-ass. (I never promised I wasn't a nerd!)

TWO

The Nightside - This series is dark and magical, it's a true escape from the everyday. You'll wish it was always 3 am!

THREE

Dexter - Besides alliteration, Jeff Lindsay is also really good at spinning a sick, twisted story. The Dexter books don't disappoint, and neither does the series. I managed to convince my honey to watch the show with me, on a Netflix binge. Hopefully I can convince you to read the books, which are so much more entertaining!

FOUR

The Gray Whale Inn Mysteries - This choice is pure fun. By morning, the owner of the Gray Whale Inn bakes muffins and scones for her guests, by evening, she's solving murder mysteries. Add in a nautical backdrop and a dash of romance, plus all of the recipes from the story. What more can you ask for?

FIVE

The Sookie Stackhouse Series- I remember waiting anxiously for season 1 of True Blood to finally air. My gfs and I had all read the books up to that point, and got together in our then apartment with snacks and martinis and settled in for a girly-vammpire-fest of epic proportions. The intro was sexy, we all had the "I Wanna Do Bad Things With You" song as our ringtones after we heard it, and the series held so much promise. They were following the books! Our fan-fiction dreams were coming true! Shortly after the season 2 premiere I started to realize that we couldn't have been further from the truth. HBO wasn't sticking to the books, and I was no longer interested. I know I didn't give it that much of a shot, but there was something about taking a one-chapter character like Marianne and basing an entire season on her that irked me. I do highly recommend the books. They're girly and fun, quick reads, and I enjoyed every last one of them!

I hope you enjoyed my choices for book series favorites! Have you read any of these books?What are some of your favorites?

Thanks for sharing this top 5 list with us Jamie!  Be sure to check out her blog to see the original post!

And now it's your turn!  Do you have a Friday Five post to share?  Link up below!


Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I love Dexter the series. I haven't tried the books yet. Maybe I will now!
    http://www.momshomerun.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check out the Gray Whale Inn series. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to add these book series to my ever growing list of books to read! Thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohooo! Thanks for featuring me!!! I heart NE Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!