Monday, November 17, 2014

5-Minute Bad Day Fix

Hi everyone! Happy Monday! I'm Kelly. I am one of the Massachusetts reps, and I write A Lovely Life, Indeed

For some, as the holidays approach, stress levels can rise, and bad days can be inevitable. There are days that leave you longing for retreat under a blanket fort. 



While bad days can seem overwhelming, there is a quick fix that can provide respite from the passing chaos. 

Be thankful.



It's easy, and it takes less than five minutes. 

Stop what you're doing and think of five blessings in your life. We all have them.

Everyone has different blessings. They may be similar to someone else's, but if they're not shared, and you're reading someone else's gratitude list, you could be sucked down the comparison rabbit hole.



Don't. Go. There.


If your life really is not going as you had planned right now, a gratitude list may be hard to come by, but start at ground zero. 

If you're reading this, for example, you're already blessed with technology that many people around the world cannot access. Whether you see technology as a blessing, or a curse, or a blend of both, is up to you. Nevertheless, it's there.

Don't save the gratitude for the bad days. Start or end each day with thankfulness. 



It doesn't take long, and once you realize and give thanks for what you do have, it can provide hope and inspiration for brighter days to come. 

So, go for it. 

You have the bad day fix. 

Be thankful. 

And pass it on. 

Thank you to Northeast Bloggers Network for letting me guest post. If you're looking for an upbeat blog about love, travel and the good life, visit me at A Lovely Life, Indeed. Have a great week!


Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

22 comments:

  1. Yes great idea!!! I will try it next time I'm in a bad mood ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true!! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true! There is always something to be positive for! I want to share an "A HA" moment with you. Many many years ago I sat on the couch crying, because my marriage was over. (it was abusive) and I had no money, and no family within 500 miles to turn too. I was terrified, hysterical and could not even form a cohesive thought on what I was going to do....Then I saw a TV show discussing a man....a man who in 3 years had lost every member of his family due to tragedy. All 4 of his kids and wife in a car accident because of a drunk driver. His Mom and Dad to an icy road....His 3 cousins to suicide, cancer and a heart attack. In 3 years he went to being surrounded by family to having no on left. And he was still going strong. He was still standing, and finding new ways to be happy.... Thats when I knew I could find a way to keep going and I was going to stop feeling sorry for my black eye and get up off my butt and do something about it. And everyday good or bad is always positive from then on...a happy memory or a lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great reminder to us all that we do have a lot to be thankful for. Thank you for the wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a total believer in this! When you realize what you have and have that positive mind set, there's nothing that can kill your mood. You might not have one certain thing, but you have way more than you think!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Said Kelly, and so true I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Nikki. I am so glad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Peggy. When we look at the blessings, it's hard to feel down. And the good thing is, hope is a renewable resource.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love this! I write about this often and am always glad to read another post about it. I'm from NJ but went to school in MA so I'm so glad to find this blog! I'm from the Women of Midlife group on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are all blessed in our own ways. It's important not to get sucked down the comparison rabbit hole. We all have something that we can be grateful for. Thank you for stopping by, Melissa. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Cathy! Thank you so much for stopping by. My readers are one of my blessings, for sure. I am grateful for you all. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Annette. Thank you for stopping by, and for your comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Christine, that is such a powerful aha moment! One way to look at it is to put into that kind of perspective... someone always has it worse than we do. But everything is relative and pain is pain. Like you said, it's how you view it...a happy memory or a lesson learned. Thank you so much for stopping by, and for your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you find it to be a success and something you can do again and again. Have a great week, Jill. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Rebecca. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome, Cathy! I write about this often. Please come visit me at my home blog, www.alovelylifeindeed.com. I'm so glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the thought that we should start each day being thankful. I'm a fellow NE person, from Vermont, I should look into your group.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for the reminder! With all of the hustle and bustle of daily life, it's easy to forget the small things you're grateful for. Sometimes you just gotta put everything aside for those five minutes and count your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please do, Bodyn. It's a wonderful group of people. :-) Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree, Esther. We are all blessed in our own ways. So much good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!