Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Blog of the Week: Live, Love, Run

This week's blog of the week is Live, Love, Run, written by Jill.  Jill lives in Baltimore, but grew up in Pennsylvania, and blogs about running, fitness and well being.  Meet Jill in our interview below!


Tell us a little about you:
Hi there! My name is Jill. I'm a 35 year old runner and nanny :) I currently live in Baltimore, MD, but grew up in Bethlehem, PA. I have been active pretty much my whole life, but just started racing long distance (half marathon) a few years ago. I keep healthy with all kinds of fitness activities, lots of green smoothies and vegan protein shakes, and huge helpings of laughter and sarcasm every day :)

What is your blog about?
Although I blog about running, I also write about single life, general fitness, emotional well being and sometimes just random ramblings :) I believe being healthy encompasses physical, emotional and mental health. I love the community I've become a part of just by writing my thoughts out on the internet! 

What is your favorite spot to visit in the Northeast?
The easy answer here would be my hometown of Bethlehem, PA! I've lived in Maryland for about 10 years now, so I enjoy going back home to visit my family and friends when I can. Some of you may have heard of Bethlehem since that is where Runners' World now holds their annual running festival and half marathon (their headquarters are in nearby Emmaus, PA).
 

Pennsylvania in general has so many great, historic towns and cities and even though I grew up in the state, there are so many more I've left to see!    

What do you love most about blogging?
I really like the sense of support and community among bloggers. I had been reading blogs for a few years before I decided to start my own. Sometimes, it really helps to get your thoughts out on "paper". Sometimes your words can help others, and sometimes you receive great advice from your readers. It's also a creative outlet and something that I feel like is all mine, like my tiny little space in this world.

What is your favorite form of social media?
Hmm, I think Facebook is still my original favorite because it allows me to keep in touch with family and friends all over the globe. Also, I get a lot of my news in my FB feed and of course, the all important Buzzfeed quizzes. I mean it's essential I know which 90's sitcom star is my soul mate right?!

Where do you live and what do you love about it?
I currently live in Baltimore, MD. I love living near the water. I used to work right in the harbor and would spend my lunch breaks walking along the water. Although Baltimore is a big city, it really has a much more small-town homey feel. You tend to run into the same people often! Although I've been a Baltimorean for awhile, my allegiance to PA sports team has not wavered. Still a Phillies/Eagles fa.

Thanks for sharing with us Jill!  Be sure to head to her blog this week and follow her on social media!  Check out some of her favorite posts:
Do you want your blog featured as one of blogs of the week?  Let us know!
 
Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!