Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Maple Bacon Green Beans

Thanksgiving is a little over a week away and I can't believe it! Does anyone else feel like this year has flown by?! I can't wait to see my family and friends and EAT! The food is my favorite part of the holiday season, if we're being honest...

However, my family tends to always make the same traditional Thanksgiving dishes year after year. Not that I don't absolutely love the food, but I feel like it would be nice to spice things up a bit. Green bean casserole is not really my style but maple bacon green beans ARE my style!

 photo FEE68E7A-6B77-456C-834A-EB1146D65FC9_zpsplkutlhl.jpg 
 Ingredients:
  • A bunch of fresh greenbeans
  • Maple flavored bacon
  • 1/2 cup of minced onion
  • Garlic powder
  • Sea salt
  • Pepper
Steps:
  1. Boil water for the green beans
  2. While it is boiling cut the ends off of the beans
  3. Cut 4 maple bacon pieces into half inch sections and saute in a saucepan
  4. Once the bacon is crispy add in 1/2 cup of onions and cook until translucent
  5. Cook green beans until 90% done and then add to pan with onions and bacon
  6. Add in a dash of garlic powder, pepper, and salt
  7. Stir thoroughly and cook for additional 8-12 minutes
 
What Thanksgiving dish would you enhance?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum, add maple and bacon to ANYTHING and I am there! I am definitely pinning this one for Thanksgiving, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!