Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blog of the Week: A 'lil HooHaa


This week's blog of the week is PJ's blog: A 'lil HooHaa!

One of my favorite photo subjects is covered bridges and we're lucky to have several historical ones in out area.

My name is P.J. and I’m the dude behind A ‘lil HooHaa, a personal blog that has been doing in some form or another since 2005. But, despite being a blog for nearly seven years, I still have no idea what my deal is when it comes to blogging. 

The reality is, the only day during the week where anything is guaranteed is Saturday, when I post an old family photo in my Snapshot Saturday feature. It’s a hit with family. 

Outside of that, you can expect to see pretty much anything else. I might post about some sort of food thing I’ve found or worked on. Maybe some sports. I write about hobbies, brewing beer, life and how it can kick the crap out of you, a job hunt that ends with more denials than anything else, and anything else I can come up with.  

Sometimes I work on being funny. Other times, I’m serious. As a former newspaper writer, I even dive in and write some journalistic stories. 

I'm an avid geocacher, a game where people hide things out in the world and others, with the coordinates, go and find and sign the log.
Basically, I write because I can l look back at a decade from now and it will be a diary of my life. 
As for me, I’m in my 30s, have no clue what I want to be when I grow up and try and keep my head above water. I live in a small town in upstate New York. For those who are baseball fans, I’m not far from Cooperstown. 

I love being outside, watching sports, having a fine beer and searching for the perfect hot dog. I try to be as active as I can and have many hobbies, such as geocaching, disc golf, photography, homebrewing, going on a nice bike ride and exploring new places. A lot of that, in turn, becomes a major part of A ‘lil HooHaa.

Thanks for sharing with us PJ!  Be sure to go check out his blog this week: A 'lil HooHaa!

Connect with us!
BloglovinTwitterEmailRSSPinterestFacebook

8 comments:

  1. PJ has a great blog! Good to see him featured here.

    Phil
    www.blog.theregularguynyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see some guy bloggers out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Sometimes it's hard to find the guy bloggers!

      Delete
  3. I also like seeing guy bloggers out there, I only read one so far. I'm heading to check PJ's blog out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some of us. I think I saw three or so in this group. Maybe more will join up!

      Delete
  4. Hey, there are a few of us dudes that like to blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are, however, quite outnumbered, I think!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment!