Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday 5s: Five Reasons to Love Living in NEPA

For this week's Friday 5s we are traveling up to North East Pennsylvania (aka NEPA) and checking out 5 reasons why blogger Leslie loves living there!

Me at Rickett's Glen  
Me at Ricketts Glen

For those who don’t know, I live in Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania, which is a part of Northeastern Pennsylvania, or NEPA. We call it NEPA… don’t ask us why. I compiled 5 good reasons why I am blessed to live here!

1. Abundant Nature! I live near beautiful state parks, forests, waterfalls, and hiking trails. I am in the middle of so much nature. My friend owns a pumpkin patch for crying out loud! Mark and I hike trails at Rickett’s Glen State Park and go camping (Well, LARPing…) at Hickory Run State Park. I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful nature filled area. Part of me thinks I’m a city girl, but my heart loves being close to the forest.

2. The Farmer’s Market on Thursday. I love going out to the Public Square and seeing a showcase of local farmers peddling their produce. I tend to buy squash, corn, green beans, tomatoes and onions every week. My sister and I like to go out together on our break from work. They sell big yellow sunflowers, shoo fly pie, apple doughnuts, and loads more. It’s a fantastic way to get your weekly groceries without having to pay to have them flown in from California and Florida, while supporting the local economy.

3. The PA Renaissance Faire. I mean it is where Mark and I got engaged after all! It’s theme park meets history. You can walk amongst the nobility and the peasants of 16th century England and even rub elbows with the Royal Court. There are dastardly pirates, a delicious winery, and even a joust to end the day.

4. Roba’s Corn Maze! Every fall, my family and I go to a big corn maze and run around in the brisk autumn air trying to make our way to the end. We bring a delicious picnic consisting of apple cider and other autumn essentials as well. It’s the perfect way to kick off the autumn season, get excited for Halloween, and spend time with the family. Plus this year, my niece gets to try it for the very first time!

5. NEPA BlogCon! I would be remiss if I didn’t mention my blogging conference project. NEPA BlogCon is a day long conference where me and my cohorts (Karla, Mandy and Michelle) gather the best and brightest in social media and blogging for the educational event of the year. It’s Northeast PA’s only blogging conference and loads of fun to plan and attend. Check out the website, why don’t you! NEPABlogCon.com


Connect with us!
BloglovinTwitterEmailRSSPinterestFacebook

Today's Friday 5s post comes from North East Blogger Leslie, who writes over at Leslie IRL.  Leslie resides in NEPA and blogs about geek girl culture, cats and food, just to name a few.

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment!