Thursday, September 12, 2013

Simple Fall Nails!


Today for Fashion Week Ariel of Lacquer is the Best Medicine is sharing some great simple fall nail colors with us!

We all love the fancy glitter polishes. Whether it's a glitterbomb in a clear base, a crelly with neon hexes, or a jelly with lots of circle glitters, we usually agree: the more, the merrier! However, I think I speak for many polish lovers when I say that sometimes I am just in the mood for a simple, basic polish. Whether it's because I don't want to deal with glitter removal or just because I am going for simplicity, sometimes I just want LESS going on on my nails.

Since indie makers primarily focus on glitter polishes, I usually reach for a drugstore brand when I want a simple, basic mani. But that makes me sad, because I LOVE supporting indie polish makers!

Well, lucky for all of us indie supporters, Pretty & Polished will soon be releasing their Basics Line - which is exactly what these polishes are: basic! Nothing too bright or out-there, some subtle shimmer, and some nice earth tones. So now when I'm feelin' simple, I can reach for an indie brand! YAY!

There are six polishes total in this collection, and all of them are very easy to work with. Let's take a look!

First up is Carrigan, a peachy/nude creme with slight rosy-pink undertones. I used three coats to achieve full opacity, and I think three coats does the trick to even it all out. Swatches are with Glisten & Glow HK Girl topcoat.




Lilly is a perfect Barbie pink with a subtle shimmer. Shown below is three coats of Lilly with HK Girl topcoat.




Blaire is a spicy pumpkiny-red color with some subtle shimmer. Swatches show three coats without topcoat.




Luna is a bright shimmery blue with a slightly metallic look to it. It's not the most original color, and I own several dupes for this one; but that's a good thing, because it's so pretty! =) Shown below is three coats of Luna without topcoat.




Simone is a lovely emerald green color with a hint of teal to it. This one has some shimmer also, and like Luna, Simone has a slightly metallic look to it. Swatches below show three coats of Simone.




Last but not least we have Isadora: an awesome blueish-purple duochrom with some gorgeous green shimmer. Swatches show three coats of Isadora




And there you have it, lacquerbeans! Pretty & Polished's Basics collection is perfect for any indie polish supporter who just needs a break from all that glitter!

You can find Pretty & Polished on Facebook and on their website here.

DOCTOR'S ORDERS: I'm loving Blaire - it's the PERFECT fall shade!




Connect with us!
BloglovinTwitterEmailRSSPinterestFacebook

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!