Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Blog of the Week: The Newest Vazquez's

This week's blog of the week is The Newest Vazquez's!  Written by Farin, The Newest Vazquez's follows her journey living in NYC with her husband and in-laws!  Meet Farin:


Tell us a little about you:
I am a country girl at heart, who is living and adjusting to life in NYC. Currently (and always) learning how to be married, we take a lot of trips and we plan on TTC in November 2014.

What is your blog about?
I generally write about roadtrips and some vacations we've taken, and daily occurrences that I find memorable. Sometimes I'll read something and have to blurt out my thoughts. Sometimes I'll make something good in the kitchen, and figure I should document it since I'm not exactly Julia Child. And at some point I will probably almost burn down our kitchen and will feel the need to document that, since it's a testimony to my family for surviving. And a pat on the back to myself for keeping a fire extinguisher handy.

What is your favorite spot to visit in the Northeast? 
We always somehow visit upstate NY for the autumn weather and scenery. You can visit wineries, orchards, as well as beautiful lakes and parks. Boston is a personal favorite when it's snowing, but I guess it's just like how people love NYC during Christmas for the snow. Fools. Go to Boston. I feel like I'm in a Christmas Carol when I'm there when it snows.

But my favorite would be visiting Washington DC for the annual Cherry Blossom festival. I've yet to do this with Tom, and I know it will happen this upcoming spring. 


What do you love most about blogging?
I love that we can offer support to one another, and find people online who are struggling like we are. When I found out that there was something 'wrong' with me and it wouldn't be easy to have children, reading blogs by other women really helped me learn how common it is (and how you don't have to hide it!)

What is your favorite form of social media?
I am falling in love with Instagram. Being a visual person has made this my new favorite thing, and I'm hoping to be posting several times a day going forward. 

Follow along, with @farinvazquez if you're interested in seeing
snippets of my life in NYC, subway performers, food victories and failures, beautiful city skies and one very cute cat. And sometimes my husband, but honestly my cat has a much larger presence on Instagram.


Where do you live and what do you love about it?
NYC is very different from the small farm I grew up on, but the biggest reason I love it is because there is always something new or unique here. I feel like life in a large city guarantees that you will be shocked (hopefully in a good way!) or find something amazing daily, if you are paying attention. 

Thanks for sharing with us Farin!

Farin is participating in Blogtober'14 this month, be sure to stop by her blog and offer her some encouragement!        

While your there be sure to check out a few of Farin's favorite/best posts!
Interested in being one of our featured blogs of the week?  Just sign up here!
Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!