Friday, October 17, 2014

The Friday Five Hop and 5 Favorite Things about Fall

 
TGIF Bloggers! I'm Kim and my blog, Mainely Fashion, is currently being revamped. I am a state representative for the beautiful state of Maine, and it's not secret that autumn is absolutely gorgeous here. Today, I am sharing my top 5 favorite things about fall in the Northeast!


1) The beautiful foliage. How could I discuss autumn in New England without mentioning the variety of colors that accentuate the landscape this time of year? Leaf peepers from all over flock here to view the orange, yellow, and red shades of the leaves. I feel so lucky to be able to view the colorful leaves every day while walking through my college campus.

2) The food. We all know that practically everyone and their mother is in love with pumpkin spice this time of year, myself included. From Starbucks to cookies, I can't get enough of it! However, I also am enjoying the other flavors of fall. Apple is another favorite; my mom and I made apple cider muffins this weekend and I can't stop eating them!

3) The fashion. As you can tell from the picture above, I love my boots. Autumn is the time that I get to break them out from the back of my closet and give my feet a break from the flip flops I've been wearing all summer. My wardrobe itself, full of sweaters, leggings, and jackets is another aspect of autumn that I look forward to.

4) The weather. Maybe it's because I've lived in New England my entire life and have grown to love it, but there's something about brisk autumn days that refreshes me, After a certain point, I get sick of the humidity of summer, and the chill in the air that fall brings is my favorite. The weather is perfect; not cold enough for snow, but just chilly enough that I don't have to worry about sweating. I couldn't ask for anything better!

5) The holidays. These next few months are my absolute favorite part of the year. I am looking forward to my first Halloween as a college student; I even decorated my dorm with a light up pumpkin and witch hat. In addition, I love Thanksgiving because I am able to reunite with my family and eat some amazing food.

Thank you for allowing me to share my 5 favorite things about fall! Let me know what yours are in the comments below!

And now it's your turn!  Link up your Friday Five post below and be sure to visit some others in the link up and leave them a comment to say hi!

Connect with us!
Twitter Pinterest Facebook Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Autumn really does have the best when it comes to cozy layers and boots! I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!